Three University of South Dakota students are homeless after a Tuesday house fire destroyed their home.
The house, located on Cherry Street across from the Super 8 hotel, was badly damaged and undergoing investigation by local officials, Dean of Students Kimberly Grieve said Tuesday evening.
“We offered them residence hall housing, and we’ll try to help in other ways,” Grieve said. “We’ll be in contact with them to see what they need.”
Grieve said the three students were safe as no one was in the house at the time of the fire.