1. VPD received a report of a juvenile male who was allegedly in possession of a handgun. Male was not brandishing or displaying handgun in a threatening fashion but caller believed him to be in possession of the weapon. Juvenile's parents...Vermillion Police Department
Last year, the University of South Dakota had two bomb scares — one in the Arts & Sciences building when a bomb threat was written on a bathroom stall and another in Coyote Village when...Vermillion Police Department
1. Officer on bike patrol encountered an 18-year-old Vermillion male with an open container at the 300 block of N. Dakota St. Male was cited for underage consumption of alcohol.
Oct....Vermillion Police Department
According to the University Police Department, illegal activities during Dakota Days at the University of South Dakota remained comparable to last year’s D-Days, with a slight increase in...Vermillion Police Department
The Vermillion Police Department is still investigating a series of vandalism that occurred in the early hours of Sept. 29.
According to Detective Robin Hower, the vandal or vandals slashed tires,...Vermillion Police Department
As Dakota Days 2012 moves into the weekend, police forces around the area are preparing for the high intake of traffic expected to hit Vermillion for the homecoming celebration.
University Police...Vermillion Police Department
1. Officers encountered a drunk driver near the 10 block of Center St. A 23-year-old Sioux City man was arrested and charged with DWI.
2. Police caught a 22-year-old male urinating in...Vermillion Police Department
Underage referrals and citations for consumption of alcohol have tripled this year at the University of South Dakota compared to 2011, police officials said.
According to the University Police...Vermillion Police Department
1. 200 block North Plum Street. Theft reported of a stolen bike. Officers have no suspects.
2. 10 block of S.Harvard Street. Officers responded to a report of a dispute between...Vermillion Police Department