The Dome, following a $26.3 million renovation set to be completed in August 2020, will hold 9,307 seats in the general seating area. The west side of the Dome — the side currently under construction — will hold 3,200 seats, 700 more than what it did before 2019.
The student section will consist of sections A, B and C, located on the Dome’s southeast side, while sections D-J will be reserved for season ticket holders and general admission.
The university is still deciding if the band will be placed toward the front of section A or the back of section B, said Deputy Athletic Director Mike West. Seats in section A are benches, which the band prefers, while the higher parts of the sections contain seats with backs.
Regardless, students will be closest to at least one endzone, which West said he prefers.
“Most student sections, if you look at Iowa and Nebraska, are behind the endzone. We don’t have that,” he said. “This is the next best thing. If [the opponent] is trying to score a touchdown, and I have 2,000 crazy students screaming and yelling, coach likes that.”
Season ticket timeline:
- February: Football Season Ticket and Howling Pack renewal period begins
- March: Season Ticket renewal deadline/Season Tickets go on-sale to
- May: DakotaDome Renovation open house tours
- August: Last chance to secure season tickets
- Sept. 19, 2020: First home football game of the 2020 season